Schools Games Gold Award · 05/08/2019
We are once again Gold School Games award holders.
Our aim by the end of the academic year 2019 – 2020 is to become Platinum Award holders and we will need your help to achieve this through supporting your children to attend sports clubs and events.
Thank you to everyone who helped us achieve the award this year.
Come and join us – Starting September 2019
The Daily Mile is a simple but ground-breaking initiative, encouraging primary schools and nurseries to take children outside running for 15 minutes each day. The aim of The Daily Mile is to improve the physical, emotional, social health and wellbeing of children in the United Kingdom and around the world – regardless of age or personal circumstances, to create healthy habits for life. It is a free and effective programme that any school can implement without need for staff training, and its impact can be transformational – improving not only the children’s fitness, but also their concentration levels, mood, behaviour and general wellbeing.
The Daily Mile is successful because it is both simple and free:
- It takes place in 15 minutes, with most children averaging a mile each day.
- Children run outside in the fresh air – and the weather is a benefit, not a barrier.
- There’s no setup, tidy up or equipment required.
- No training is needed for teachers.
- Children run in their school uniforms, so no kit or changing time is needed.
- It’s social, non-competitive and fun.
- The children return to class ready to learn.
- It improves fitness and helps children achieve, and maintain, a healthy weight.
- It encourages children to be aware of their health.
- It’s fully inclusive; every child, whatever their circumstances, age or ability, succeeds at The Daily Mile.