Please find our Pupil Premium impact report for 2019-2020 and our strategy for 2020-21 below:
The pupil premium gives schools extra funding to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils from Reception to year 11. The DFE introduced a fund of £625 million in April 2011 to give schools £400 per year for children who:
- were registered as eligible for free school meals
- had been looked after for 6 months or longer
From April 2012, Pupil premium funding was extended to children eligible for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years. For the 2018 to 2019 financial year, funding for the pupil premium is:
Schools will receive:
- £1,345 per pupil of primary-school age
- £2,300 per pupil who:
- has been looked after for 1 day or more
- has been adopted from care
- has left care under a special guardianship order, a residence order or a child arrangements order.
- £300 per pupils in year groups reception to year 11 recorded as an Ever 6 service child or in receipt of a child pension from the Ministry of Defence.
Children adopted from care or who have left care
The pupil premium for 2020 to 2021 will include pupils recorded in the January 2020 school census and alternative provision census, who were looked after by an English or Welsh local authority immediately before being adopted, or who left local authority care on a special guardianship order or child arrangements order (previously known as a residence order). These are collectively referred to as post-LAC in these conditions of grant.
Ever 6 service child
For the purposes of these grant conditions, Ever 6 service child means a pupil recorded in the January 2020 school census who was eligible for the service child premium since the January 2014 census as well as those recorded as a service child for the first time on the January 2020 school census. The grant will be allocated as set out in sections 4, 5 and 6 below. Where national curriculum year groups do not apply to a pupil, the pupil will attract PPG if aged 4 to 15 as recorded in the January 2020 school census.